What we really think of your Meat Loaf, your relatives and everything else.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Holidays and such...

     I hope everyone has been having a good holiday season. It's been really busy around here and I haven't had much time to update this here blog. So until I finish writing something, I'll just tell you about our holiday.

    You'll be happy to know that I received some gifts from my list of awesome gifts! My wife decided I've been good enough to get me a new pair of boots. Very exciting! Now I can step on things really hard! I also received a new knife from my in-laws which is always an excellent thing. Along with those gifts Santa also saw fit to bring me some new shirts, the new Stephen King book, the complete Sherlock Holmes Vol. 1 & 2 and a new set of pots and pans. It really was a great Christmas. The one gift that topped them all was seeing my son enjoy all of his new toys.

     This year was the first year I got to play Santa and put something big together for him. A nice little play kitchen. How hard could that be to put together? Should take only a couple minutes right? Wrong. Try an hour and a half. I had a couple near misses too. Once I almost stabbed myself with my knife trying to start a hole where a screw needed to go, then I almost stabbed myself with a screwdriver trying to get said screw in. I had to get my wife to help me wrestle this beast of a toy into submission to get things under control. After finally getting this thing assembled and putting all the stickers it came with on, I moved on to an art easel. Literally took five minutes. I was prepared for another battle but it must have seen my beard and the crazy look in my eyes and decided it wanted to live out the rest of it's life as an easel and not fire wood.

     I think that even if I would have stabbed myself putting those things together, it still would have been worth it just to see my son get super excited. I hope that everyone else had an excellent holiday and got to spend some quality time with friends, family and loved ones in general. I think that's the most important part of the holidays, finding time to slow down and have fun. We get too consumed with all of the craziness and sometimes forget to take it easy and have fun. I'll be churning out some new blogs this week, so look out for those. Sorry for the lack of newness around here the last two weeks.

Don't forget to email me questions or topics you'd like to see discussed at truthaboutdads

No comments:

Post a Comment